Venmo can cash checks virtually instantly.
These days, there are more options that ever available for anyone who needs to cash a check in a hurry. If you’ve been wondering whether you’ll be able to cash a check instantly by using the Venmo app, the answer is yes.
Below, you will find all the information you need regarding how to cashing your checks using the Venmo app.
Easy Steps to Covert your Check to Cash with Venmo:
1. Open the Venmo app on your phone.
2. Tap on your initials or photo in the app to activate the “me” tab.
3. Touch on the “Manage Balance” tab.
4. Select the “Cash a Check” option and enter the face value amount displayed on the check itself.
5. Sign the back of the check you want to cash through the app.
6. Take a picture of the back and front of the check and tap on “Next.”
7. Select the speed of deposit time you require.
8. If you receive confirmation that you check has been approved for cashing, you’ll need to write “VOID” across the front of it, take another picture and submit it to complete your transaction successfully.
When will my Funds be Available?
When you deposit your check through the Venmo app, you’ll have two options with regards to how quickly you want to access your cash:
- Within a few minutes
- 10 days time
If you want to access your cash virtually immediately, you’ll be required to pay a small fee for doing so. However, if you’re willing to wait for 10 days, you won’t have to pay any fees for cashing your check through the app.
Are there Limits when Cashing a Check through Venmo?
As with the majority of check cashing services, some limits will also apply when cashing any checks through Venmo. Check amounts must be a minimum of $5 face value and a maximum of $5,000 per check.
You are permitted to cash multiple checks per day, but the total face value for all of them may not exceed the $5,000 mark. A maximum of $15,000 worth of checks may be cashed through your venom app per month as well.
If your check is declined to be cashed or you’re willing to wait the required 10 days to access your money, no fees will be charged. However, a fee of between 1% and 5% will be levied on checks if you want to obtain your cash immediately.